Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April Discoveries



I'm officially back after my break from the internet! While my break was not entirely successful, I still checked my social media accounts a lot, but I did find more time to brainstorm blog post ideas. In fact, I have enough content to post twice a week during May! I've mentioned before that I would like to post more often, so the month of May will act as my trial run. How do every Tuesday and Thursday sound? Thursdays are when I will do book-related posts, and Tuesdays will be anything else that strikes my fancy.

Let's jump into the 5 things I discovered in April, shall we?



1. During April, I discovered the perfect quirky comedy for your next movie night. My mom and I watched, Hello, My Name is Doris, on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, and we couldn't stop laughing! Sally Field did an incredible job portraying Doris, a shy 60-something eccentric woman, who falls in love with her much younger co-worker, John (who's played by Max Greenfield). It's a laugh-out-loud comedy with some touching moments that will make you wonder if you're crying from laughter or just really crying.

2. Towards the end of the month, I discovered Justine  Leconte's Youtube channel and have been obsessed with it ever since. She's a French fashion designer who makes videos about finding your style and the fashion industry. Whenever I watch one of her videos, I always have a notebook in hand because her videos are full of great information. If you're looking for a fashion channel who's main focus isn't on hauls or lookbooks, then this is the channel for you.

3. Recently, I've been loving the LOC Ultra-Gloss Lip Pencil in the shade Punch Line. I love that it's a pinky-red with cool undertones because it doesn't make my teeth look yellow. Hallelujah! While it doesn't stay on your lips for long, it is easy to reapply. If I don't have a mirror handy, I simply turn my phone's camera to selfie mode and reapply.

4. In my March discoveries post, I talked about a video I saw on the correct way to wash your face. In the video, Isabelle sprayed the Avène Thermal Water Spray before and after cleansing her face. At first, I thought the spray sounded a little gimmicky. After all, It's just fancy water in an aerosol can. However, since following the other steps Isabelle mentioned in the video, I've noticed a difference in my skin, so I decided to give the fancy water a go. Turns out it's pretty dang great. I follow the instructions from the video and use 2-3 sprays before and after cleansing. It comes out as a super fine mist and feels nice on the skin. I will continue to test this product out, but I have a feeling it might get a permanent spot in my skincare routine.


5. It took me months, but I finally found a new raincoat. My old raincoat only lasted 4 years before the lining started flaking off, which really annoyed me considering the price I paid for it. So I started my search for a new raincoat. After reading online reviews, I decided the Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket was my best match. Fair warning: It's pricey! Luckily, I checked the site every week, and I was able to catch it when they had some on sale. I wasn't able to get a black one like I had originally planned. Instead, I got one in Petoskey purple. It ended up being a nice change of pace to my usual black. It's not too flashy, plus it goes with everything in my wardrobe. My favorite thing about the raincoat is that it can be folded into one of the pockets that have a carabiner clip-in loop. Now you can easily store in your suitcase or pocketbook when it's calling for rain and still have plenty of room for other things. If you're curious about the fit, I ordered my normal size and can still layer my winter fleece underneath.


Now I want to hear from you! Did you discover anything new and exciting during the month of April? Perhaps, you rediscovered something old that you forgot you loved? Either way, let me know down in the comments! 

I'll be back Thursday with a brand new post.



Love,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment