Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Ultimate Book Tag: 25 Bookish Questions



I'm doing something a little different in today's post!

I've been doing the blogging thing for about six months now! Insane. I know! But I realized that I never did a proper introduction of myself. You might've even noticed that I don't really have an About Me page. That page has been blank a work in progress since I started this blog. I hate talking/writing about myself.  I even have sweaty palms from writing this introduction!

But if we're going to be internet pals, then it's important for us to get to know each other!

I saw this tag over on Happy Indulgence Books, and it sounded like a fun way for me to tell you more about myself.




1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Yes but that doesn't stop me from doing it and then immediately regretting it twenty minutes later. 

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
This is my short answer*:

The first author's "style" of writing I fell in love with was Meg Cabot's. I loved that she always wrote about these strong-willed women who were incredibly witty and always had an opinion about everything. That was the kind of woman I aspired to be when I was younger. I also loved that a majority of her stories were told entirely through diary entries or emails. 

*My long answer would include a lot more authors but the same amount of fangirling! 

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter 
  • Better character development
  • Better writing
  • The focus is on family and friendship, not romances. When a love triangle becomes the center of the story, that's usually when I stop reading. 

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
Sometimes, I'll carry one to work or the library. I'll usually stick my laptop, pens, notebook, and a pouch that has chapstick, hand sanitizer, lotion, and my cleaning cloth for my glasses because they always get dirty. 

5. Do you smell your books?
Only when nobody's looking. 

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without, unless it's a graphic novel, and then....well, you kind of need the illustrations to be there. 


7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Gallagher Girl series...well, sorta. I still really enjoy the series and the characters, but I found the writing style to be very basic and formulaic. I had a really hard time getting through Ally Carter's newest series Embassy Row

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I spent five minutes trying to think of a funny antidote but got nothing. I guess I didn't do anything funny with my books when I was a kid. 


Although I will say after reading Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, I made out with my pillow a lot more...

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Merriam-Webster's Pocket French-English Dictionary. 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Starting With Ingredients by Aliza Green. It has 1055 pages!! It's a workout just pulling the book from the shelf. 

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love to write. Although, I'm definitely one of those people who tends to talk more about writing than actually writing. My dream is to be a screenwriter, but writing a book would also be pretty cool. 

12. When did you get into reading?
My mother would always read to us every night. Plus she would take us to our local library for story hour every week. That's when I truly fell in love with reading. 

13. What is your favorite classic book?
Persuasion.

14. In school what was your best subject?
History and French. I'm horrible at spelling and grammar so that always affected my English grades. 

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Wonder if that person was playing a cruel joke on me. 

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I'm not a fan of series. I like books that are one and done, so I can't answer this question. Also, I never made it past the first Hunger Games book. 

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Not finishing a sentence/thought before moving onto the next one. It's like a crazy game of Tetris trying to tie all my thoughts into one cohesive post. 

18. What is your favorite word?
I always feel really proud of myself when I'm able to use the word audacity in a sentence. 

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I'm definitely a nerd. 

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies, because I have a fear of blood. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. Gabriel aka the only angel I know. 

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolf spirits. It sounds more badass when you put the two together. 

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Humans. 

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love, duh. There's this little old story called Romeo and Juliet. Ever heard of it? 

25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Both. I'm a hopeless romantic.




It wouldn't be a tag if someone didn't get tagged, so I'm tagging all of you! Leave a response to any or all of questions down below for me to see, or if you've done this tag on your own blog, link it below for me to check out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment