Saturday, November 19, 2016

The JUST WRITE SOMETHING Challenge | Day 19



Happy Saturday!

Try to do something fun today!

I'm headed off to work, but when I get home, I'm totally having a Netflix and actually chill night. I'm finally going to watch Frances Ha, which has been on my list foreverrrr. 

Yesterday's writing: 

Darkness falls over the corn field, and I'm still stuck here attached to a metal pole. The temperature has dropped from earlier today. I've heard the farmers say that fall is just around the corner, which means it will soon be time to harvest. I know when it comes time to harvest there will be nothing for me to do. I'll stay stuck to this pole while all the neighbors' husbands and sons pick the corn. Even if I wanted to help, they'd never give me a chance. I'm not a man just a straw-stuffed dummy.

Tonight the moon is full and bright. It lights up the entire cornfield. I can see all fifty-two to rows of corn, right up to the owner's back door. Tonight, I'll use the light of the moon to make sure no animals sneak into these fields. It's the only thing I can do.



Today's writing prompt: 

Name a major international city that you would never live in. Why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment