Thursday, November 17, 2016

The JUST WRITE SOMETHING Challenge | Day 17


I have a confession. My one of my guilty pleasures has to be watching evening/morning routines on Youtube. I don't know why, but I find them to be so calming and relaxing. You can image my excitement when I randomly landed on this assignment!




Yesterday's writing:

I'm not a strict routine kind of person. If I do the same thing over and over I again, I usually end of feeling burned out and so over it. For me, it's important to switch things up every once in a while, even if I'm only making really small changes. I like to have a little spontaneity in my everyday routine! Without further ado, here is my evening routine for a typical Wednesday night.

On Wednesday I had my internship plus a meeting afterwards, so my real evening didn't start until 8:00ish.

8:15 - 8:30 | Remove Makeup + Workout: First thing I like to do when I come home is to remove my makeup. I'm not too picky about what I use a simple makeup wipe or micellar water will do the trick. Working out is usually quite rare in my routine, but I'm trying to change that. Last night I went down to my parent's basement and used an ancient-looking Stairmaster-type thing for about 10 minutes. Then I finished my workout by doing stretches.

8:30 - 9:00 | Shower + Skincare routine + Face Mask: There's no reason for me to describe the act of my showering, but I will include the products I use on my hair and skin. In the shower, I like using the Acure Volume Shampoo, Caress Endless Kiss Creamy Vanilla & Sandalwood Body Wash, and Kiss My Face Moisture Shave in Pomegranate Grapefruit. After showering, I'll to use The Aroma Company Body Cream in Moroccan Rose (I find it at Ross) and wash my face with Michael Todd True Organics JoJoba Charcoal Facial Srub as a way to prep my skin for whatever face mask I'm using.  Last night I decided to do a brightening mask, so I used the Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask. Finally, I put on my pajamas.

9:00 - 10:00 | Write blog posts + Finish Skincare Routine: I always post on Thursdays, so Wednesday nights are when I do most of the writing or fine-tuning. Since I work best under pressure, I like to set a timer for 45 minutes and tell myself that once 45 minutes is up I done writing.  After I've finished writing, I'll go wash off my face mask and finish my skincare routine. I like using a rosehip oil as my serum, Air Repair's Complexion-Boosting Moisturizer, and Olay's Regenerist Luminous Eye Cream. I'll also brush my teeth and all that good stuff.

10:00 - 10:30 | Read + Bed: This is my favorite part of the day, getting into bed with a book. I've been reading Classy by Derek Blasberg, which is a hilarious handbook about being a lady. If you're someone who gets offended easily, this might not be the book for you.


Today's writing prompt:

Describe 10 sounds that you associate with winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment