Monday, November 14, 2016

The JUST WRITE SOMETHING Challenge | Day 14



Yesterday's writing: 

When it comes to baking something for a large group of people you don't know very well, I think it's important to stick with the classic: chocolate chip cookie. Now, personally, I'm an oatmeal raisin gal, but from years experience of hitting up the dessert table (for research purposes), I've noticed that chocolate chip is always a crowd pleaser.

I prefer my cookies to be slightly under baked so that they're soft and extra gooey, plus I like a lot of chocolate in mine. The recipe I'm using comes from a post that Deb wrote years ago on her website, Smitten Kitchen. I've tweaked it slightly to make it my own.



Ingredients: 
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 stick (8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, cold, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1 bag dark (bittersweet) chocolate chips


Directions: 
Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300F

Line baking sheets with parchment paper

Beat the sugars and butter together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips.

Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon ball and place 8 balls, spaced 4-inches apart, on each of the baking sheets.

Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown. If you want a gooey center, bake for 10-15 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.



Today's writing prompt: 

Create a riddle involving a mouse, a wheel, and a rose. 






No comments:

Post a Comment