Thursday, November 3, 2016

The JUST WRITE SOMETHING Challenge | Day 3


Yesterday I challenged myself to do something that I have done in a looong time, which was to write a poem. I decided I'd start off simple with a haiku and see where that takes me.

Now I know what you're thinking: Leah, I bet you just wrote a haiku because you wanted to take the easy way out. Well... you're not entirely wrong. I did think that writing a haiku was going to be easy breezy, but it actually took a long time. Because with haikus, not only does every word count but so does every syllable

I found the website, howmanysyllables, to be a huge help during the process!


Yesterday's Writing:

Rain
The faint scent of soil
Mixes with the heavy air
A fresh beginning.

Today's Writing Prompt: 
If you had a theme song that played every time you entered a room, what would it be? Who would sing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment